Germany lives in the heart of Europe, bordering numerous countries including the Netherlands, France and Switzerland, so it’s a central hub – perfect for a motorhome or campervan rental. However, there are plenty of road-trip routes you can enjoy in Germany itself , whether you’re seeking picturesque scenery, outdoor activities, a delectable selection of German wines or just a taste of the Deutsche way of living. Buzzing Hamburg and Berlin are to the north and east, while the Rhine sits to the west with Dusseldorf. Stuttgart and Munich down south illustrate the variety of options available - you won’t have enough time to fit it all in. No matter where you choose, Motorhome Republic can help you discover the wonders of this historical nation.
Why Germany is perfect for an RV rental
The main centres in Germany include Frankfurt, Berlin and Munich. It’s from here you can pick up your motorhome or campervan hire and hit the road. There are more than 1000 official campsites in Germany, so you will find plenty of choice. From smaller options to larger, more established sites, there are options to suit every budget. Popular routes include:
- Alpine Road, incorporating Lindau, Bad Tolz and the Chiemgau Alps, this is 450km trip is incredibly scenic. Alpine views, lakes, castles and palaces await you in your Germany campervan hire.
- German Castle Road. Unsurprisingly this route through Bavaria takes in some spectacular castles and other landmarks, including Heidelberg Castle, Rothenburg Town Hall and Nuremburg – you can even continue on to Prague. A memorable motorhome hire holiday option.
- Frankfurt to Munich is a relatively straightforward in the south of Germany. Via the Mosel Valley and Baden Baden, you’re edge towards Switzerland before heading up to Munich. Great wine, fine food and natural delights are all on the highway and an incredible experience in a campervan hire.
Germany welcomes the world
With more and more people hiring a motorhome rental in Germany, tourism is hugely important as it now ranks in the top 10 destinations of the world – it’s also one of the safest. You will undoubtedly travel on the world famous Autobahn, which began construction in 1929. Once you park up, stay at one of the many campsites. Most are family friendly and have modern facilities, while a ‘Camping Card’ may be worth investing in, with up to 50% discounts at accredited sites for you campervan or RV rental roadtrip.
A snippet of the language
Some handy phrases to help you on your German holiday:
- Guten Tag – Hello
- Auf Wiedersehen – Goodbye
- Ich heisse… - My name is…
- Der flughafen – The airport
- Ich bin… - I am…
- Bitte – please/thanks
RV rental in Germany made easy
With vast international experience and more than 450 depots in 28 countries, Motorhome Republic is uniquely placed to help you hire the perfect campervan or RV. Our fantastic customer service team can answer any questions regarding your Germany motorhome rental, so get in touch – we’d love to hear from you!